The Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum and Wake Forest University Athletics understands that safety is at the foundation of guest experience. As such, LJVM Coliseum maintains certain regulations and procedures to promote and ensure a positive experience for all guests and their families. Please review the following information regarding our admissions policy and regulations.
All guests are subject to security screenings before entering the venue. These screens may include, but are not limited to, metal detection, visual inspection, and bag checks. Guests with prohibited items will be permitted to return these items to their vehicles. Items left at any entrance and/or exit of LJVM Coliseum will be discarded by facility personnel.
The following items are prohibited from being brought into the LJVM Coliseum:
- Alcoholic or outside beverages
- Artificial Noise Makers
- Audio or Video Recording Devices
- Cameras with a lens greater than 6″ in length, professional cameras of any type, telephoto, zoom or detachable lenses.
- Bags (larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″) – Please see the Clear Bag Policy effective for Wake Forest Basketball games.
- Balls and Frisbees
- Canes, Chains or Sticks of any length (non-medical use canes)
- Cans, Glass or Metal containers
- Car Seats
- Coolers/Ice Chest (unless containing medical supplies)
- Diaper Bags
- Fireworks or any Explosive
- Folding Chairs
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal Drugs
- Knives of any size
- Laptop Computers
- Large golf or non-telescopic umbrellas
- Laser Pointers
- Outside Food and Beverage
- Pets (except service animals for the disabled)
- Promotional items with commercial identification
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a dangerous projectile or security risk
- Shoes with wheels (“Wheelies”)
- Anything deemed hazardous or unsafe by WFUPD, WSPD, or Event Staff